DGSO Open Positions
Current Job openings include:
Douglas County (KS) is accepting applications for Corrections Officers, with immediate openings.
Successful applicants will work at the Douglas County Correctional Facility, a state-of-the-art 186-bed direct supervision facility for adults.
Required qualifications include a high school diploma (or G.E.D.), basic word processing and computer skills, good written and oral communication skills.
Douglas County is dedicated to eliminating racial inequities. Successful candidates will demonstrate the ability to develop and maintain working relationships with diverse co-workers, community members, and customers.
Candidates must pass a background check, written, physical fitness, and drug testing. A polygraph examination will be required. Shift work mandatory.
Starting salary is $20.19 per hr with excellent benefits.
- New employees immediately start accruing 4.5 hours of vacation leave and 4.75 hours of sick leave every pay period (two weeks). These hours increase after every five years employed with the Sheriff’s Office.
- Eight hours of personal leave are also awarded to employees in one calendar year.
- There are also nine holidays in a calendar year that employees are either paid (if not worked) or receive holiday pay (double and half hourly wage -if worked).
- Corrections officers are provided all of their uniforms (except footwear) and equipment needed for their job.
- Employees also have access to a free on-site gym, track and obstacle course.
- Provided Dry Cleaning Services.
- Health insurance beginning the first day of the month following start date.
- Health/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance with various dependent coverage levels available.
- Discounted fitness club memberships and other voluntary benefits.
- Retirement: Kansas Public Employees Retirement Systems (KPERS), Optional 457 Deferred Compensation Plans available.
- TWO approved Veteran Affair (V.A) / G.I. Bill Education Benefit Programs.
- V.A. Coordinator on staff.