- Does the Sheriff’s Office allow citizens to pick up dead deer that have been hit and killed by a car?
- Do you do fingerprint cards?
- How do I get a background/records check on myself?
- Do you accept stuffed animals?
- How do I take hunter safety classes?
- When I go on vacation, will the Douglas County Sheriff's Office check my home?
- How can I get a copy of an incident report?
- How can I get a copy of an accident report?
- Where do I go for a municipal traffic ticket?
- What are redemption rights?
- How do I know if I live in an area served by the Douglas County Sheriff's Office?
- My license tag was stolen. Now what?
- What's unusual about calling 9-1-1 from a cell phone?
- What's the difference between jail and prison?
- How do I obtain a copy of an arrest record or a background check?
- What is the difference between a sexual offender and a predator?
- What is the difference between a criminal case and a civil case?
- What are the Kansas child passenger safety requirements?
- How do I file a complaint against a Douglas County Sheriff's Office employee?
- How can I commend a Sheriff's Office employee for outstanding service?
- What's the difference between a sheriff's office and a police department?
JOB TITLE: Spanish Translator
OBJECTIVE: Provide accurate and complete translations of rules, regulations and other inmate instructions for Spanish speaking inmates. Occasionally we also need short term assistance communicating information to new arrivals and insuring that we are made aware of special needs.
Note: This activity would never involve any form of investigative interrogation or transmission of information related to the crime with which an individual has been charged.
WORKSITE: Primarily in the jail booking area, and in the various housing units.
TIMEFRAME: As needed on call. Same gender preferred for interpreter situations. We do anticipate a growing need for such services.
QUALIFICATIONS: 1. Fluent in Spanish language
2. Excellent communication skills
3. Attend 2 hour volunteer orientation
4. Pass background screening
5. Complete volunteer application with references 6. Sign confidentiality agreement
CONTACT: Sherry Gill, Programs Director