- Does the Sheriff’s Office allow citizens to pick up dead deer that have been hit and killed by a car?
- Do you do fingerprint cards?
- How do I get a background/records check on myself?
- Do you accept stuffed animals?
- How do I take hunter safety classes?
- When I go on vacation, will the Douglas County Sheriff's Office check my home?
- How can I get a copy of an incident report?
- How can I get a copy of an accident report?
- Where do I go for a municipal traffic ticket?
- What are redemption rights?
- How do I know if I live in an area served by the Douglas County Sheriff's Office?
- My license tag was stolen. Now what?
- What's unusual about calling 9-1-1 from a cell phone?
- What's the difference between jail and prison?
- How do I obtain a copy of an arrest record or a background check?
- What is the difference between a sexual offender and a predator?
- What is the difference between a criminal case and a civil case?
- What are the Kansas child passenger safety requirements?
- How do I file a complaint against a Douglas County Sheriff's Office employee?
- How can I commend a Sheriff's Office employee for outstanding service?
- What's the difference between a sheriff's office and a police department?
JOB TITLE: Post Release Transportation Services
OBJECTIVE: Assist inmates in working out strategies and scheduling that will enable them to meet all court mandated post release obligations. Provide current and comprehensive information about available transportation services for inmates who do not have a valid driver's license. Assist inmates in working out strategies and scheduling that will assist them in meeting all court mandated post release obligations. Disseminate license reapplication procedural information.
WORKSITE: Occasional general information workshops for inmates anticipating release back into the community. Meet with individual inmates to assess and clarify needs and limitations.
TIMEFRAME: Negotiable. By individual appointment, with possible periodic 45 minute transportation workshops.
QUALIFICATIONS: 1. Knowledge of local transportation options.
2. Good organizational skills
3. Attend 2 hour volunteer orientation
4. Pass background screening
5. Complete volunteer application with references 6. Sign confidentiality agreement
CONTACT: Sherry Gill, Programs Director