- Does the Sheriff’s Office allow citizens to pick up dead deer that have been hit and killed by a car?
- Do you do fingerprint cards?
- How do I get a background/records check on myself?
- Do you accept stuffed animals?
- How do I take hunter safety classes?
- When I go on vacation, will the Douglas County Sheriff's Office check my home?
- How can I get a copy of an incident report?
- How can I get a copy of an accident report?
- Where do I go for a municipal traffic ticket?
- What are redemption rights?
- How do I know if I live in an area served by the Douglas County Sheriff's Office?
- My license tag was stolen. Now what?
- What's unusual about calling 9-1-1 from a cell phone?
- What's the difference between jail and prison?
- How do I obtain a copy of an arrest record or a background check?
- What is the difference between a sexual offender and a predator?
- What is the difference between a criminal case and a civil case?
- What are the Kansas child passenger safety requirements?
- How do I file a complaint against a Douglas County Sheriff's Office employee?
- How can I commend a Sheriff's Office employee for outstanding service?
- What's the difference between a sheriff's office and a police department?
Life Skills Workshops
JOB TITLE: Life Skills Workshops
OBJECTIVE: Present workshops to help improve the inmate's skill levels in such areas as balancing a checkbook, personal hygiene, household budgeting, child care, and family communication. This volunteer could also be responsible for gathering up-to-date resources on life skills for the jail library.
WORKSITE: 1. Men's Medium Security Pod
2. Men's Minimum Security Pod
3. Women's Pod
TIMEFRAME: Generally one hour workshop format. This could be a single topic or a series covering several, and could be repeated in cycles periodically as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS: 1.Experience in teaching some aspect of life skills.
2. Knowledge of life skills and resources
3. Attend 2 hour volunteer orientation
4. Pass criminal background screening
5. Complete volunteer application with references 6. Sign confidentiality agreement
CONTACT: Sherry Gill, Programs Director