- Does the Sheriff’s Office allow citizens to pick up dead deer that have been hit and killed by a car?
- Do you do fingerprint cards?
- How do I get a background/records check on myself?
- Do you accept stuffed animals?
- How do I take hunter safety classes?
- When I go on vacation, will the Douglas County Sheriff's Office check my home?
- How can I get a copy of an incident report?
- How can I get a copy of an accident report?
- Where do I go for a municipal traffic ticket?
- What are redemption rights?
- How do I know if I live in an area served by the Douglas County Sheriff's Office?
- My license tag was stolen. Now what?
- What's unusual about calling 9-1-1 from a cell phone?
- What's the difference between jail and prison?
- How do I obtain a copy of an arrest record or a background check?
- What is the difference between a sexual offender and a predator?
- What is the difference between a criminal case and a civil case?
- What are the Kansas child passenger safety requirements?
- How do I file a complaint against a Douglas County Sheriff's Office employee?
- How can I commend a Sheriff's Office employee for outstanding service?
- What's the difference between a sheriff's office and a police department?
The Douglas County Sheriff’s Office will cooperate fully and fairly with authorized news media representatives in their efforts to gather factual public information relative to actions of the department as long as these activities do not overly impede with operations, investigations or violate individual rights or the law.
Media representatives have reasonable access to the Public Information Officer.
The Douglas County Sheriff's Office also provides the current jail booking recap available online or you can get a hard copy at the Law Enforcement Center. Recaps run Monday through Sunday from 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., not including holidays.
Official statements to the media regarding major cases will be released with the approval of the Sheriff or his designee.
If you have questions or concerns about Public Information, please contact the Public Information Officer .