- Does the Sheriff’s Office allow citizens to pick up dead deer that have been hit and killed by a car?
- Do you do fingerprint cards?
- How do I get a background/records check on myself?
- Do you accept stuffed animals?
- How do I take hunter safety classes?
- When I go on vacation, will the Douglas County Sheriff's Office check my home?
- How can I get a copy of an incident report?
- How can I get a copy of an accident report?
- Where do I go for a municipal traffic ticket?
- What are redemption rights?
- How do I know if I live in an area served by the Douglas County Sheriff's Office?
- My license tag was stolen. Now what?
- What's unusual about calling 9-1-1 from a cell phone?
- What's the difference between jail and prison?
- How do I obtain a copy of an arrest record or a background check?
- What is the difference between a sexual offender and a predator?
- What is the difference between a criminal case and a civil case?
- What are the Kansas child passenger safety requirements?
- How do I file a complaint against a Douglas County Sheriff's Office employee?
- How can I commend a Sheriff's Office employee for outstanding service?
- What's the difference between a sheriff's office and a police department?
How do I obtain a copy of an arrest record or a background check?
Douglas County Sheriff's Office arrest records are not disseminated to the public. The last 30 hours of Douglas County Correctional Facility bookings can be seen here.
The Douglas County Sheriff's Office does not run background checks on individuals or for employers.
The Kansas Bureau of Investigation (KBI) allows the release of Kansas criminal history records to the general public as well as to a variety of users with specific rights and entitlements. These record checks are fee-based and both the fee and extent of information released is dependent on your status and the reason for which you are requesting records. Check their website for more information, or contact them at (785) 896-8200.
For Douglas County court records information contact the Clerk of the District Court at (785) 832-5253. For city of Lawrence information contact Municipal Court at (785) 832-6190.