- Does the Sheriff’s Office allow citizens to pick up dead deer that have been hit and killed by a car?
- Do you do fingerprint cards?
- How do I get a background/records check on myself?
- Do you accept stuffed animals?
- How do I take hunter safety classes?
- When I go on vacation, will the Douglas County Sheriff's Office check my home?
- How can I get a copy of an incident report?
- How can I get a copy of an accident report?
- Where do I go for a municipal traffic ticket?
- What are redemption rights?
- How do I know if I live in an area served by the Douglas County Sheriff's Office?
- My license tag was stolen. Now what?
- What's unusual about calling 9-1-1 from a cell phone?
- What's the difference between jail and prison?
- How do I obtain a copy of an arrest record or a background check?
- What is the difference between a sexual offender and a predator?
- What is the difference between a criminal case and a civil case?
- What are the Kansas child passenger safety requirements?
- How do I file a complaint against a Douglas County Sheriff's Office employee?
- How can I commend a Sheriff's Office employee for outstanding service?
- What's the difference between a sheriff's office and a police department?
Court Security is made up of deputies whose job assignment is to provide security for the Douglas County Courthouse and the Douglas County Law Enforcement Center. They provide security for each division during any type of hearings from traffic court to murder trials.
They can also screen potential problems by searches including use of a metal detector. Court Security provides transportation for inmates from the jail to court and returns them after their hearing. They provide assistance and security to citizens coming into the buildings.
Douglas County, KS District Court
111 E 11th Street
Lawrence, KS 66044
Municipal Traffic Tickets - Go to:
1006 New Hampshire
Lawrence, Kansas 66044