- Does the Sheriff’s Office allow citizens to pick up dead deer that have been hit and killed by a car?
- Do you do fingerprint cards?
- How do I get a background/records check on myself?
- Do you accept stuffed animals?
- How do I take hunter safety classes?
- When I go on vacation, will the Douglas County Sheriff's Office check my home?
- How can I get a copy of an incident report?
- How can I get a copy of an accident report?
- Where do I go for a municipal traffic ticket?
- What are redemption rights?
- How do I know if I live in an area served by the Douglas County Sheriff's Office?
- My license tag was stolen. Now what?
- What's unusual about calling 9-1-1 from a cell phone?
- What's the difference between jail and prison?
- How do I obtain a copy of an arrest record or a background check?
- What is the difference between a sexual offender and a predator?
- What is the difference between a criminal case and a civil case?
- What are the Kansas child passenger safety requirements?
- How do I file a complaint against a Douglas County Sheriff's Office employee?
- How can I commend a Sheriff's Office employee for outstanding service?
- What's the difference between a sheriff's office and a police department?
MissionThe Douglas County Corrections Division Mission is to provide safe, secure, humane, and legal treatment for all inmates through direct supervision management concepts, while fostering a safe and successful transition through interventions, programs, and services from the facility into our community.
ResponsibilityThe Corrections Division has the primary responsibility for the Correctional Facility and the inmates housed therein. The Corrections Division staff serve in a variety of capacities including direct supervision of inmates, booking/intake, escort, transportation, reentry programming, and administrative functions.
About the Facility
The Correctional Facility is a direct supervision facility that houses both men and women. The capacity is 186 beds and has an intake/release area, work release, medical unit, kitchen, inmate library, programs area and five living units of varying security levels. It is located at 3601 East 25th Street, one mile east of Lawrence, just south of K-10 highway.