- Does the Sheriff’s Office allow citizens to pick up dead deer that have been hit and killed by a car?
- Do you do fingerprint cards?
- How do I get a background/records check on myself?
- Do you accept stuffed animals?
- How do I take hunter safety classes?
- When I go on vacation, will the Douglas County Sheriff's Office check my home?
- How can I get a copy of an incident report?
- How can I get a copy of an accident report?
- Where do I go for a municipal traffic ticket?
- What are redemption rights?
- How do I know if I live in an area served by the Douglas County Sheriff's Office?
- My license tag was stolen. Now what?
- What's unusual about calling 9-1-1 from a cell phone?
- What's the difference between jail and prison?
- How do I obtain a copy of an arrest record or a background check?
- What is the difference between a sexual offender and a predator?
- What is the difference between a criminal case and a civil case?
- What are the Kansas child passenger safety requirements?
- How do I file a complaint against a Douglas County Sheriff's Office employee?
- How can I commend a Sheriff's Office employee for outstanding service?
- What's the difference between a sheriff's office and a police department?
The Douglas County Sheriff's Office Patrol Division is a uniformed division that is responsible for patroling the unincorporated areas of Douglas County. This unit has an authorized strength of 29 officers. The responsibility of this unit includes responding to calls for service, crime suppression, traffic enforcement and accident investigation.
During the summer months, the Patrol Division is responsible for providing extra patrol to the area lakes such as Clinton Lake and Lone Star Lake. This patrol is funded through contracts with the US Army Corps of Engineers and the Douglas County Public Works Department.
The Patrol Division assists other Douglas County Sheriff's Office units when necessary, such as Civil Process, Warrant Service and Investigations.
The Patrol Division assists local police departments (Lawrence, KU, Eudora and Baldwin City) in the event of major occurrences.
Subdivisions of Patrol include Honor Guard and Dive Team.
For more information contact the Patrol Captain.