- Does the Sheriff’s Office allow citizens to pick up dead deer that have been hit and killed by a car?
- Do you do fingerprint cards?
- How do I get a background/records check on myself?
- Do you accept stuffed animals?
- How do I take hunter safety classes?
- When I go on vacation, will the Douglas County Sheriff's Office check my home?
- How can I get a copy of an incident report?
- How can I get a copy of an accident report?
- Where do I go for a municipal traffic ticket?
- What are redemption rights?
- How do I know if I live in an area served by the Douglas County Sheriff's Office?
- My license tag was stolen. Now what?
- What's unusual about calling 9-1-1 from a cell phone?
- What's the difference between jail and prison?
- How do I obtain a copy of an arrest record or a background check?
- What is the difference between a sexual offender and a predator?
- What is the difference between a criminal case and a civil case?
- What are the Kansas child passenger safety requirements?
- How do I file a complaint against a Douglas County Sheriff's Office employee?
- How can I commend a Sheriff's Office employee for outstanding service?
- What's the difference between a sheriff's office and a police department?
Booking Recap Disclaimer & Release
Disclaimer & Release
The Douglas County Sheriff’s Office makes no express or implied warranties that the information or data on this website is accurate or complete. The user releases Douglas County and its departments, officials, and employees from all loss, cost, damage, or expense, whether direct, special, or consequential, arising directly or indirectly in connection with any errors or omissions on this website or the data accessed through this website.
Any person, agency or entity, public or private, who reuses, publishes or communicates the information available from this website shall be solely liable and responsible for any claim or cause of action based upon or alleging an improper or inaccurate disclosure arising from such reuse, re-publication or communication, including but not limited to actions for defamation and invasion of privacy.
The information contained on this website, including the list of offenders, is generally as the events may occur. However, the status of an offender may change from the time the information was last updated and the time you access it. An inmate may be released without continuing supervision or jurisdiction by the courts or the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office. Therefore, while a potentially useful reference, the lists are only valid as of the last update.
All complaints or information regarding the inaccuracy of information obtained through this website should be submitted, in writing, to the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office, Corrections Division, c/o Facility Administration,
Kansas Open Records Act Statement
"No person shall knowingly sell, give or receive, for the purpose of selling or offering for sale any property or service to persons listed therein, any list of names and addresses contained in or derived from public records..." except in limited circumstances. K.S.A. 45-230. Any person who knowingly violates this law is liable for payment of a civil penalty in an action brought by the attorney general or district attorney in a sum set by the court not to exceed $500 for each violation. By accessing this site, the user makes the following certification pursuant to K.S.A. 45-220(c)(2): "The requester does not intend to, and will not: (A) Use any list of names or addresses contained in or derived from the records or information for the purpose of selling or offering for sale any property or service to any person listed or to any person who resides at any address listed; or (B) sell, give or otherwise make available to any person any list of names or addresses contained in or derived from the records or information for the purpose of allowing that person to sell or offer for sale any property or service to any person listed or to any person who resides at any address listed."
Any person who uses information obtained through this website to threaten, intimidate or harass another, or who otherwise misuses the information, may be subject to criminal prosecution and/or civil liability.