Sheriff’s Office and Lawrence Police Department Jointly Apply for Grant Thursday, 12 June 2014 The Lawrence Police Department and the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office have applied for the 2014 Byrne Justice Assistance Grant (JAG) Program Award. This joint application is for digital recording technology, storage and training. Read the Full Story
Safe Disposal of Medication Program Monday, 22 July 2013 The Sheriff’s Office has established a permanent medications collection program in Douglas County. With our “Safe Disposal of Medication Program” the community now has a way to properly and safely dispose of unwanted drugs and unused medications throughout the year. Read the Full Story
Smart 911 Thursday, 18 July 2013 Smart911 is a free service brought to you by Emergency Communications (911) of Douglas County, Kansas. It is 100% private and secure. It could save your life, or the life of someone you love. Read the Full Story
Hunter Education Program Tuesday, 09 April 2013 The Douglas County Sheriff’s Office supports the Kansas Department of Wildlife, Parks and Tourism Hunter Education Program which is sponsored by the Lawrence Fraternal Order of Police Lodge #2. All persons born after July 1, 1957 are required to pass a Hunter Education Program to hunt. There is no fee for the class. Read the Full Story
- Does the Sheriff’s Office allow citizens to pick up dead deer that have been hit and killed by a car?
- Do you do fingerprint cards?
- How do I get a background/records check on myself?
- Do you accept stuffed animals?
- How do I take hunter safety classes?
- When I go on vacation, will the Douglas County Sheriff's Office check my home?
- How can I get a copy of an incident report?
- How can I get a copy of an accident report?
- Where do I go for a municipal traffic ticket?
- What are redemption rights?
- How do I know if I live in an area served by the Douglas County Sheriff's Office?
- My license tag was stolen. Now what?
- What's unusual about calling 9-1-1 from a cell phone?
- What's the difference between jail and prison?
- How do I obtain a copy of an arrest record or a background check?
- What is the difference between a sexual offender and a predator?
- What is the difference between a criminal case and a civil case?
- What are the Kansas child passenger safety requirements?
- How do I file a complaint against a Douglas County Sheriff's Office employee?
- How can I commend a Sheriff's Office employee for outstanding service?
- What's the difference between a sheriff's office and a police department?
Douglas County Sheriff's Office
The Douglas County Sheriff's Office provides effective and efficient public safety services, knowing that integrity is the basis for community trust. We are committed to professional excellence, continued personal improvement, teamwork, and meeting the future needs of the community.
The Sheriff's Office is divided into two main administrative areas:
Jim Martin Undersheriff 111 East 11th Street
Phone: (785) 841-0007
Fax: (785) 841-5168
Steve Hornberger Undersheriff 3601 East 25th Street
Phone:(785) 830-1000Fax: (785) 830-1085